Translate

Friday, August 02, 2013

Number 1412: Airboy’s pyramid déjà vu

This story from Airboy Comics Vol. 9 No. 7 (1952) reminds me of another story. It’s from the previous issue of Airboy, and I showed it in January.*

Both stories have pyramid-shaped UFOs, both have tentacled creatures (one green, one pink), and yet the stories don’t appear to connect. If you are a fan of comic book continuity you may wish to skip this sort of thing. I have no idea why the stories were presented one after the other, why the similarities, and why Airboy seems to have forgotten what happened just a month before in his previous adventure. Alien memory wipe, perhaps?

Art by Ernie Schroeder.









**********

*Click on the thumbnail to read it.

4 comments:

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

There would still be continuity problems, but imagine that the order of publication of the stories got switched-around from what was originally intended.

bzak said...

Howdy,

Don't care if the stories are that similar as long as we get to see Ernie Schroeder's art. Thanks

Brian Riedel

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing these comics. I try to do the same on my blog. I love reading comics. Thank you again for sharing. I'm now following you!

Brian Barnes said...

I'm sorry, but this isn't an Airboy story. Where is the sinister but sexy evil agent and/or entire army unit of sinister but sexy women commandos that falls for Airboy's ... er .. charms?? ... while he's being tortured?

The slimy green tentacles are just not a good substitute!